You can also serve these as an appetizer with pre-dinner drinks or at a card game with the girls or guys. Just store them in an air tight container to have on hand. It really doesn't take long to make. A great healthy substitute to beer nuts.
2 tbsp. egg white or egg white of one egg
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 cups almonds
2 tbsp. coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy, beat in the vanilla.
- Add almonds, stir gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread evenly into a greased pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once; cool.