Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 April 2016

Color Me Calmly



Well, from my experience, divorce has been one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered in my life. The stress, emotional roller coaster ride and anxiety that I experienced, I must say, was brutal. I thank God everyday for my strong close knit family and friends that have stood by me. They ran  to me and my children at a moments notice to help us out. Words cannot express my gratitude and love for these people. Especially my brother's wife. She has been there for me to comfort me and provide me encouragement and guidance. My girlfriends that were there for the venting sessions. To take me out for drinks and smooze.  And my mother! The pain that woman suffered to see her little girl go through this ordeal with her children. The daily phone calls to check up on me to make sure everyone was ok. The calls are not that frequent anymore. She now knows that I can manage.



As you can see above, I have discovered adult coloring! This is another past time that has helped with my stress and anxiety. To me, it quiets my mind and relaxes me. My daughter and I will sit in our family room with a box full of markers, crayons and pencils crayons and color away. It's so much fun and relaxing. We bond and catch up! lol!

I would urge you to give it a try. Go to your local bookstore and see what coloring book resonates with you. I even found some at my local dollar store.

Mother's Day is coming up. What a wonderful gifting idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment