Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Growing Up A Foodie





As mentioned on my previous posts, I'm Canadian of Italian descent. My dad was a professional waiter who worked in the hotel industry for over 40 years. He worked at high end hotels all over Europe before immigrating to Canada. He took his profession very seriously and brought the passion home. Food and entertaining was huge in our home. From an intimate coffee get-together to huge dinner parties. We had it all! The memories that were created through these events were unforgettable.

My parents would plan for weeks the menu, drinks and décor for each event. Even for a small coffee drop in, my parents always had a liqueur on hand, a delicious treat and of course espresso!

With everything, my parents always involved the children with the event. I would set the tables and bake the desserts, my mom would do the cooking, my father would prep the barbeque, my brothers would organize the drinks. It was a family affair.

To have our guests fill our home and to share good food and laughter was priceless! I will never forget the joyful events we had that would take us into the wee hours of the morning.

I started this blog to share with you my passions about food and entertaining. I will try to mix it up a little with some of my authentic Italian recipes that were passed down to me to healthy eating and my favorite of all - baking!

Stay tuned! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment