Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Breakfast of Champions

My children and I try our best to cook and eat as healthy as we can during the week and allow for a guilty pleasure on the weekend. So to make our meals a little interesting during the week, I have to make the meals healthy and taste good. So I made up this breakfast meal using quinoa. As seen in my previous post I've made some delicious variations for breakfast. I hope you enjoy this recipe. It smells like apple pie!

Apple Cinnamon Quinoa by The Suburban Single Mom


Apple Cinnamon Quinoa

2 cups      water
1 cup       quinoa
2              apples cored, peeled and cubed
1 tsp        cinnamon
1/2 tsp     nutmeg
1/2 tsp     salt
1/2 cup    raisins
1/4 cup    walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp.     maple syrup
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk

Boil the quinoa and apples until cooked. Remove from stove and add the raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple syrup and almond milk. Stir until combined. I served this with a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon and walnuts.

Tasty and filling. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment