Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday 11 April 2016

Pamper Me Please!

When I was a little girl on summer break I never had the opportunity to go to summer camp. My summer camp was picking tomatoes, doing household chores or playing outside with my friends. My mom was a seamstress so she would pull me under her wing and teach me the basics about sewing. I really didn't like it. I just didn't have it in me. I loved to craft though! My mom would teach me to embroider pillow cases and do some beading. My aunt lived near by and was amazing in crocheting and knitting. I would spend afternoons over at her house learning to knit and crochet. I will never forget those precious times! But when I got older, my life got busy and had to put all of my hobbies behind me. I sort of kept up with knitting but I'm not that great at it. Thank God for YouTube! With all the tutorials on there I brushed up on my crocheting skills. It has been a long time and have forgotten the basics.

Well, I wanted to gift my girlfriends last Christmas but didn't want to spend much (it's the thought that counts right?) So I started to make these cute scrubbies in all different colors. It is made with nylon tulle and it makes an amazing exfoliating scrubby! I found the pattern from Maggie's Crochet. It's quick and very easy to make. Add it with a delicious scrub, body cream or soap and voila! A stylish unique gift that every woman would love! Why buy a candle, cup or picture frame for your child's teacher. Gift her with this - she will love it!

 
 

A scrub is a cinch to make!

Homemade Body Scrub

1 cup of dead sea salt or sea salt

15 drops of essential oil of your choice

3 tbsp. coconut oil

Combine all ingredients in a clean bowl. Place content in your favourite jar. I used a mason jar and decorated it with bling. Hand write a pretty label to personalize your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment